Today is my stop during the blog tour for Princess Adele’s Dragon by Shirley McLain. This blog tour is organized by Lola’s Blog Tours. The blog tour runs from 31 May till 13 June, you can view the tour schedule here.
Princess Adele lives with her brother, Robert, the King of Valdoria in the castle. There has been a monster terrorizing the Kingdom for months. The King has finally come to a decision on how to deal with the monster but the Princess can’t agree with him. For the sake of the Kingdom Princess Adele decides she must be the one to kill the dragon. She couldn’t live with herself if her brother went ahead with his plans.
What Adele found on her quest changed her life and the lives of those around her. She was a strong young woman who knew what she wanted and would do whatever it took to get it. Follow Princess Adele as she battles to save her home and her life.
You can find Princess Adele’s Dragon on Goodreads
You can buy Princess Adele’s Dragon here:
Today we have Shirley McLain share with us 10 things the readers don’t know about her. Interesting, isn’t it? Here’s what she had to say.
Top Ten List
10 Things the Readers Don’t know about me.
By Shirley McLain
Thank you Virtual Café for allowing me the privilege of sharing with your readers about a topic that is difficult for me to write. Some people don’t seem to have a problem writing about themselves but I do. In fact, I’ll make that #1 on my list. I can write all day when it comes to a character in a book but opening myself up is difficult.
2. I love to scuba dive. The beauty of the undersea world is breathtaking. If you ever get the opportunity to learn take advantage of the opportunity. It can be a bit scary to which is why you never go diving alone. I once bit my mouth piece in two due to fright. I was swimming in Hawaii admiring the fish and enjoying the scenery. We were close to the bottom, very relaxed when suddenly two black tip sharks flew out of the sand from underneath straight up in front of me. My bite reflex reacted to my fright and I clamped down on the soft plastic mouth piece and bit it in two. That’s an occasion I will never forget.
3. I’m afraid of spiders!!! I once had a spider drop down in front of my face while driving in my car. I don’t remember stopping the car but I must have because the next thing I found myself standing on the side of the road. I walked home and my husband took me back so he could kill the spider and I could drive the car home. He told me it was just a tiny spider but has far as I was concerned it was the size of a wash tub. Nothing’s changed to this day.
4. I am a California, small town, gal who loves living the country life in Oklahoma. My parents moved back to Oklahoma when I was ten years old. It took me many years to accept the fact that California wasn’t my home. I thank God that my parents needed to come back to their childhood home because I learned about a way of life that can’t be beat.
5. I use to love to cook but not so much anymore. I only cook when I am forced into it. Don’t know why it changed but it did. I’ve cooked many meals over the years and now I don’t really have to do it anymore. Maybe it goes along with my retirement.
6. I love reading a good fantasy book. I read and write many genres but fantasy is my favorite to read. It’s a world you can fit into at any time and it doesn’t have to be mean or cruel.
7. I don’t like bad language used in a book, or anywhere as a matter of fact. It may be very common place in today’s world but not in mine. Nothing will make me put a book down or change a channel on the TV faster than bad, vulgar, language.
8. I love animals and do not like to see anything hunted. I can understand if it’s for food but never for sport. I’m a sucker for small dogs and cats and that’s why I have a house full. I have five dogs and one cat. They are all spoiled beyond words. I would get more but I think my husband would divorce me. Three of the dogs and the cat are inside. That would be Andy, the Cocker Spaniel, Booker, my teacup Yorkie, and Addie by Chorkie (in case you don’t know that breed, it’s a cross between a Chihuahua/yorkie. My outside dogs are April whose German Shephard/Husky with beautiful light blue eyes and Chops. Chops is a Collie/Rottweiler mix. He is colored like a Rottweiler but has that long beautiful hair. I couldn’t live without them.
9. I love to raise a garden whether flowers or food. It gives me such a joy watching things grow and sometimes create breathtaking beauty. My favorite flower is the rose. I want one with a wonderful smell. A lot of the hybrids of today do not have the smell the roses used to have. My favorite shrub is the Gardenia. I love the smell of their flowers. They grew also around our house when I was a kid.
10. My favorite colors are green and blue. For some reason those two colors or combinations of the two have always caught by eye. Many years ago I went to Texas one summer to weed cotton to earn money to buy my school clothes. Every piece of clothing I bought was green and didn’t even realize it until my mother pointed it out to me. I had to take a couple of outfits back and exchange them for a different color. I may still overdo it occasionally but I try to pay more attention now to details.
Now you know ten things about me that I don’t always share. I’m sure little parts of my life comes out in my writing. I think everyone’s does because your past, likes and dislikes, flavor everything you do. Thinking back to the eBook just published which is a young adult fantasy the cover is in blues and greens and I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it. I knew it was the right one for me and the book.
Check out Princess Adele’s Dragon on Amazon at this link. http://amzn.to/25lUOYM The book is free to Kindle Unlimited members.
Once again let me thank the Virtual Café for letting me share a little part of me with you. Thank you for joining me.
About the Author:
Shirley McLain makes her home in Sapulpa Oklahoma with her husband and their fur family of four dogs and three cats. She also has two grown children, six grandchildren and twin great-grand sons. She has/is living a very full life. She retired after working thirty-two years as a RN and then began a full time writing carrier. She and her husband enjoy their five-acre country home. It is a perfect setting to let Shirley’s Muse work it’s magic. Shirley is an eclectic writer and has always enjoyed the writing process. Shortly after her retirement she woke up one morning with the thought that she was going to write a book. She didn’t stop writing until she’d finished her first book. So far she has published four books which are now on Amazon. Her goal is to bring as much enjoyment to her readers as they deserve and want.
There is a tour wide giveaway for the blog tour of Princess Adele’s Dragon. These are the prizes you can win:
– 15 e-copies of Dobyns Chronicles by Shirley McLain
For a chance to win, enter the rafflecopter below:
a Rafflecopter giveaway